Owasso Parents & Guardians,
As we approach the beginning of the 2023-24 school year, we want to remind you about the benefits of school meals and the availability of free or reduced meals for students who qualify.
Owasso Public Schools is continuing its partnership with Sodexo to provide food service at each school site. Sodexo delivers healthy and delicious school meals based on the USDA’s nutrition guidelines so that students are engaged and ready to learn in school. All meals include a variety of fresh fruit and vegetable choices, and a variety of chilled non-fat or low-fat milk.
We encourage all families, regardless of income, to complete and submit a confidential Free & Reduced Application prior to the start of the school year to ensure that there are no gaps in meal benefits for students who qualify for free or reduced-price meals.
Filling out the Free & Reduced Application is quick and easy. We have several ways an application can be accessed and completed.
- For an online application go to www.myschoolapps.com.
- Applications can be printed from our website at owassops.org on the Child Nutrition Page.
- An application can be picked up at the Child Nutrition Office or Enrollment Center at 202 E Broadway.
- An application can be sent to you by emailing us at [email protected]
At Owasso Public Schools we do everything possible to ensure that students who qualify for free or reduced-price meals:
- Feel no social stigma for applying to the program.
- Are treated & greeted the same at the cash register as any other student.
- Are not singled out in any way to ensure their complete anonymity.
- Can be confident that all information is kept completely confidential.
It is more than a meal application, other benefits from filling out an application may include:
- Discounts on academic test fees, such as the SAT and PSAT
- Discounts on college applications
- Discounts on home internet services
- Discounts on fees for youth programs
- Funding for district education programs
Our goal is to have all students take part in our school meal program. In our elementary schools, we offer four entree choices each day with our Clubhouse program. It includes hot entrees, traditional meals, salads, sandwiches and wraps. In our middle schools, we offer a wide variety of choices through our foodiE program, and our signature Taste4 program gives high school students endless variety through a number of exciting food stations.
Be sure to follow the Free & Reduced Application instructions carefully and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Child Nutrition office at 918-272-8034. We look forward to serving your students!
Director of Child Nutrition
**This institution is an equal opportunity provider.