Support our Team
Participation in Special Olympics through the Owasso Special Olympics program at no cost to the athletes. Our activities are funded entirely through fund raisers and private donations and we are grateful for the support of our community!
The majority of our team's expense is our trip to State Games in Stillwater. Attending this three-day event costs our team approximately $14,000. Additional expenses include team t-shirts and athletic equipment (if the funds are available).
There are a variety of ways you can help support our team,
- Adopt an athlete - The cost to sponsor a single athlete is $125. This donation will cover the cost of his or her food and lodging in Stillwater, team t-shirts, and lunch at Eskimo Joes.
- Enjoy a Pancake Breakfast - Again this year the First United Methodist Church in Owasso will be hosting a Pancake Breakfast befitting our team. Join us on Saturday, March 4 from 7:00am to 10:00am. You can purchase tickets at the door or in advance from one of our athletes or coaches.
- Donate items for our Rummage Sale - Clean those closets while supporting a good cause. Last year our Rummage Sale raised over $3000! We hope this year's will be bigger and better. If you would like to contribute your previously loved items please contact StJohn@owassops.org or Barger@owassops.org.
- Shop our Rummage Sale - Now that you've made room in those closets come benefit from the generosity of our community. Last year we had household goods, clothes, appliances, collectibles, furniture, and yes, we even had a kitchen sink! Join us Saturday, April 15 in the High School parking lot.
- Sponsor a set of team-t-shirts - We are looking for an area business or organization to sponsor a set of 150 team t-shirts. In appreciation for your donation of $1000 your business or organization will be recognized on the back of our shirt as a proud sponsor.
- Make a donation - Donations of any size are greatly appreciated! If you would like to help support our team you may make a donation at any of the events list above or by mail. Please make checks payable to Owasso Special Athletes Fund.