Employee College Reimbursement Fund
For the 2019-2020 school year, the Board shall provide a College Reimbursement Fund available for:
- all actively employed teachers who complete graduate-level courses in their field of instruction or in college courses related to obtaining additional certifications or endorsements,
- all actively employed support staff who complete college-level courses that are beneficial in their current or future assignments with Owasso Public Schools or in college courses related to obtaining certifications or endorsements,
Must receive a grade of 2.0 or better. The annual fund is designed to provide partial reimbursement for tuition costs. If requests exceed the annual fund, the district will prorate the reimbursement rate.
- Eligibility is limited to active full-time certified personnel and active full-time support personnel (30 hours or more per week).
- Employees must be currently employed with the District at the beginning and at the completion of each course.
- Employees must be currently employed on the reimbursement pay date.
- Reimbursement applications must be received by the due dates listed on the Approval Application.
Employees are responsible to submit the Approval Application to Human Resources by:
- September 15th - Fall Semester
- January 15th - Spring Semester
- May 15th - Summer Semester
- Reimbursement for approved courses will be based on a maximum of up to $100 per semester hour for graduate courses or up to $50 per semester hour for undergraduate courses.
- A maximum of six (6) hours of coursework per certified employee or support employee (30 hours or more per week) per semester (i.e. fall, summer, spring) may be reimbursed.
- Upon completion of courses, provide evidence of credit for each course (i.e. detailed tuition receipt and official transcript by the following dates:
- First Wednesday in September for the Summer semester - reimbursement paid in October
- First Wednesday in February for the Fall semester - reimbursement paid in March
- Last Day of School for Spring semester - reimbursement paid in June