Kindergarten Kick-Start allows our elementary schools an opportunity to welcome our new young learners ahead of the upcoming school year. This day provides kindergarten teachers an opportunity to administer a brief readiness screener on each child. This personal interaction with students helps our schools with balancing class placement and ultimately best supports the needs of our students. Currently enrolled Pre-K students do not need to attend this event.
During this event, parents are able to begin or finalize their child’s enrollment. If you have already completed your child’s enrollment, congratulations! You can simply visit your school’s table.
Students will leave with a Kindergarten Kick-Start goodie bag and have the opportunity to take a picture with their child’s elementary school banner. Parents will leave equipped with helpful preparedness information for the summer months and have the chance to connect with other resources.
Ahead of Your Visit:
- Begin the enrollment process for your new student at owassops.org or follow this LINK.
- Confirm your elementary school boundary. Check your address HERE.
- Contact the Owasso Enrollment Center at 918.274.1904 for help with any of these processes.
The Day of Your Visit:
- Please be sure to bring your new kindergartner. They are the STAR of the day!
- Officially begin or finalize your child’s enrollment process. All stages of enrollment are welcome.
This is a come-and-go event. We encourage you to visit the day your elementary school is present, if possible. Find your school’s assigned day listed below.